Friday, October 31, 2014

See God {Day 31: How God Sees You}

We have spent the last month seeing God. Today, I want to turn the tables and let you in on how God sees you. I am speaking directly to women that have been bought by the blood of Christ.
 

Isaiah 62:1-5
 
1For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet,
till her vindication shines out like the dawn,
her salvation like a blazing torch.
 
2The nations will see your vindication,
and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name
that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.
 
3You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord’s hand,
a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
 
4No longer will they call you Deserted,
or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah,a
and your land Beulahb ;
for the Lord will take delight in you,
and your land will be married.
 
5As a young man marries a young woman,
so will your Builder marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
so will your God rejoice over you.



Hephzibah.  If you only learn one Hebrew word, let this be the one.  Hephzibah means "My Delight is in Her."  God's delight is in you.

God takes desolate and forsaken Israel and changes her name.  He instead calls her Hephzibah because she makes him happy and brings him pleasure.

Left to myself, I am worthy of wrath and destruction and all the ruin that my own ugly sin can conjure up.  But in Christ, God is able to audibly shout his love over me.  The redeeming blood of Jesus strips away all barriers so that God can envelope me in His presence.

I am my Beloved's.  And His desire is for me.




Such freedom that a word brings.  Hephzibah. God delights over you!  Not because of what you have done for Him but because you are His!  As a bridegroom rejoices over His bride, so does God rejoice over you!


You are now defined by God.  You are no longer defined by your current circumstances.  No longer haunted by your past. No longer shamed when looking at size zero models on television screens. No longer plagued by singleness or infertility. No longer forgotten by your husband.

You are married to God.
Your land is blessed.
You are redeemed.
You are set free.
You are Hephzibah.
God's delight is in you.


You are a crown of splendor in His hand.

You are Hephzibah.
His deepest delight is in you.
Just the way you are.
 
{Precious soul, thank you for choosing to see God with me these past 31 days.  May He continue to reveal His grace and love towards you.}

No comments: