Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 {Hungry}


 
I woke up in the middle of the night a few weeks ago with a word on my mind:  hungry.  I knew it was the Spirit whispering it over me while the world was quiet.  It resonated with my soul immediately.  I knew the word "hungry" would be my word for 2014. 
 
 

2013 was certainly the year of "possess."  We were blessed with a new home.  A new baby.  New schools.  New friends.  We walked in faith and God allowed us to possess, similar to that of the Israelites in the book of Deuteronomy.

While it was a beautiful year in so many ways, I didn't have as much time to pursue God in the quiet.  I know a newborn soaked up a lot of that time, and I wouldn't change that for anything, but the year left me hungry.

Hungry for Jesus.  His Word.  His revelations.  His presence.

Nothing else truly satisfies or tastes so sweet.

So, with 2014, I look to these verses with hope:

Luke 1:53  "He has filled the hungry with good things..."

Luke 6:21a "Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied..."

Matthew 15:32 "I have compassion on the crowd because they have been with me now three days and have nothing to eat.  I am unwilling to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way."

Proverbs 10:3a  "The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry..."

and my fave:

Psalm 107:9  "For He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things."

No comments: