Friday, January 18, 2013

God of Angel Armies

I really can't get over it.  Not really.  Every once in awhile, God opens the veil that separates the physical realm from the spiritual and in those moments, I am pretty much dumbstruck. 
 
I certainly believe God protects us every single day.  I know there are countless times when the enemy could have easily injured me or someone I love.  Most of the time, I don't see these occurrences, so I just praise God for His protection and move on.
 
But, the other day, God's hand of protection was so obvious that I just can't really get over it.  The snow had hit and I was on my way to get the boys from school.  I was slowly approaching an overpass.   A car behind me apparently thought I was going too slowly, whipped around me, proceeded to fishtail into my lane (hello slippery roads), did a 180 coming straight for me, managed to get into the other lane of traffic (which it was now headed, ha!), and missed me by mere inches.
 
I can replay that situation over and over again.  The driver crossed three lanes of traffic, all of which were busy since it was the noon hour.  She could have hit me at least three times (one of those being head-on), but the God of Angel Armies simply didn't allow it.
 
I started crying immediately.  I mean, if we (as in Asher Tate and myself) had been hit head on, I don't think his little 1 pound 11 ounce body would have made it.
 
I am reminded that God has this child set apart for His purposes.  I am reminded that even though I try to do what I can to aid in Asher having a  healthy life (yucky vitamins, limited caffeine, on and on...) it is only God who truly protects his frail yet perfect little self.
 
I see his sweet cheeks filling out and I praise the God of Angel Armies...for being on our side.

 

No comments: